Languages of the World

A collection of links and tips

My Photo
Name:
Location: Snow Mounds, Antarctica

a pinch of shadows, a touch of Jam.

Bridge to humanity's core : languages. This blog presents Merlin's travels in the world of languages. Each post deals with a language.

Thursday, November 2

Japanese - 日本語

Japanese is written with a combination of three different types of "glyphs" (as wikipedia puts it).
=> hiragana
=>katakana : mostly used to write loan words and onomatopoeias.
=> Kanji
You can learn some of them here. Or you can make cards and play. This is what I did : I printed the hiragana and katakana charts. I cut off each glyph and stuck it on a piece of paper, on one side the Japonese glyph, on the other side, the 'european' equivalent.
I think that knowing at least the hiragana and the katakana is a good plan before learning the Japanese language.

Various links :
=> Here are Japanese lessons.
=> Watch TV in Japanese (don't be daunted by the Japanese glyphs. Just click on the arrows and tv screens *wink*)
=> nihongo.org
=> Goldfishes have an important place in Japanese culture. As I'm a fish freak myself, I have to introduce you to the Japanese varieties of goldfish : the Ranchu, the Ryukin and the Tosakin.
=> Rikai.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home